WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits its exaltation sign, Aries, from 11:48 to 18:36°. This connects leaders and governments with the military, police, sports, real estate, national security and executive decisions.
- Moon is waxing and transits Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio. The full Moon is in Libra, April 29th at 7:57 p.m. CDT.
- Mars transits out of Sagittarius and into its exaltation sign, Capricorn on May 2nd at 5:45 a.m. Mars is outside the orb or influence of other planets — but is weak in degrees until May 13th. Military, police, athletes and realtors should get extra rest.
- Mercury transits its debilitation sign, Pisces, from 15:14 to 22:01°. Mercury is under the 9th aspect of Rahu. Be careful with stocks, business, communications and intellectual property, along with health and computer viruses. Mercury is debilitated until May 9th.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 25:39 to 24:59°. Jupiter is weak in degrees until May 3rd. This may cause delays or setbacks with law, banking, religion, and education. Jupiter is retrograde until July 10th.
- Jupiter, in Libra, connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017–Oct. 2018) may well provide a long-lived societal transformation.
- Venus transits its own sign of Taurus from 07:43 to 16:13°. Venus is under the 5th aspect of Ketu, which connects spirituality with women, romance, luxuries, and the fine, healing and performing arts. There can, however, also be unexpected setbacks or calamities with these same significations, along with weather and transportation. Gemini, Libra, and Sagittarius rising sign persons should be careful and patient as Venus is transiting their 12th, 8th, and 6th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 14:59 to 14:51°. Saturn is weak due to the weakness of its landlord, Jupiter, until May 3rd. This may cause issues for working-class persons, the elderly, the poor and needy, and immigrants – and for those involved in agriculture, manufacturing, and the oil, gas, and minerals industries. Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 17:02 to 15:46°. Those persons with 14 to 18° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 14 to 18°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Be patient and get extra rest. Your children, education and investments are forefront in your life through mid-May. Take a leadership position. There may be both status and setbacks with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures. Watch your health, finances and legal issues through May 8th.
- Taurus: Be patient with property, vehicles and home life through May 14 – there may be expenses and separations. Expect gains with your children, education and investment. Get a haircut and buy new clothes — but take care of debts, disputes and health and legal issues through May 13. Be patient with insomnia and if traveling abroad.
- Gemini: Expect gains from authority figures and entrepreneurial ventures. Connect work with writing, business, brokering, computers, and communications. Be patient with losses, expenses, setbacks or separations connected with your children, education and investments.
- Cancer: Be vigilant at work to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft, enemies or accidents. Let your leadership qualities shine and connect with authority figures. Expect gains with women, luxuries, the arts and entertainment. Focus on writing, business, and communications, but be careful with property, vehicles and home life.
- Leo: Focus on father and religious figures. There may be travel over the next 2 weeks. Work on independent projects, connect with women at work, redecorate your workspace and consider a new company car. Be patient with entrepreneurial setbacks, along with your status and family life.
- Virgo: Focus on partnerships and joint ventures. Be patient with property, vehicles, home life, insomnia, separate sleeping arrangements, institutional life, foreign lands and authority figures. Expect highs and low with your status and family life. Seek spiritual advice from the women in your life.
- Libra: Focus on research, language, mystical experiences and ancient knowledge. There may be a windfall, inheritance, legal or insurance settlement, but be patient with delays and setbacks. Gain from partnerships, joint ventures, and your own self-initiatives. Insomnia, expenses and separations are likely through May 8th.
- Scorpio: Be vigilant when speaking and in the workplace — and with authority figures to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft, accidents and false allegations against you. Property, vehicles and relationships are subject to setbacks, expenses and separations. Gain from children, education, creativity and investments.
- Sagittarius: Take care of your children, education, investments, income, and friendships. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes, setbacks, health and legal issues. Expect gains connected with law, medicine, finance, social work and psychology. Work out of your home on writing, business, technology and communications.
- Capricorn: Be patient with setbacks, expenses and separations with property, vehicles, home life and work. Expect good fortune with independent ventures involving writing, business and communications. Connect your career with children, education, investments and spirituality.
- Aquarius: Focus on your spiritual life. There may be setbacks with income, friendships, authority figures, relationships and long-distance travel. Connect partnerships and joint ventures with entrepreneurial projects. Beautify your living space and consider a car, truck, boat, bicycle, etc.
- Pisces: Focus on writing, business, brokering, communications, relationships and intellectual property. Speak up as an authority figure — but be careful to avoid disputes. Do not take risks or chances; setbacks and accidents are possible. Work on research, language, ancient knowledge and independent creative projects
About the Author: David Hawthorne