Notes: Venus is in its debilitation sign until Sept. 2nd. Be patient with women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts.
Additionally, Rahu and Ketu remain in the 11-degree range through Sept. 10. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or any planet in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces) — including the USA — should be careful and patient.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits out of Cancer and into Leo, August 16th at 8:20 p.m. CST. Sun is weak in degrees until August 22nd. Leaders, physicians, administrators and governments should get extra rest. Sun is under the 8th aspect of Mars, August 17 – 26. This connects governments with police states and military activities. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies and countries should be vigilant.
- Moon is waxing and transits Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius and into Capricorn. Moon, in Scorpio, is debilitated, August 18 – 19. Watch your emotional state and be vigilant in crowds and around volatile persons.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 05:21 to 04:37°. Mars is retrograde and pulls away from the close conjunction of Ketu. This may bring some relief relative to floods, wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, violence, and the extreme weather patterns worldwide since the beginning of June. Rahu and Ketu, however, remain stationary at 11 degrees, which is likely what is extending of the problems.
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 17:56 to 18:26°. Mercury completes its retrograde motion on August 18th at 11:25 p.m. CDT. Mercury is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord), the fast-moving Moon, until September 2nd. This creates volatility with stocks, business, computers, technology and intellectual property.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 21:09 to 21:55°. Jupiter is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord) Venus, which is weak in its debilitation sign of Virgo. This may undermine issues with law, religion and education.
- Venus transits its debilitation sign, Virgo, from 15:05 to 21:41°. Venus is weak through August. Take care of the women in your life and be patient with medicine, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 08:47 to 08:35°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, education and religious values with the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons. Saturn is retrograde until September 6th. Retrograde planets only have an adverse impact if they are functional malefic planets for a particular rising sign, and only if the planet is within 5 degrees of the rising sign degree in any house, or other planets — by aspect or conjunction. In the case of Saturn, the impact is primarily for the Cancer, Virgo and Pisces rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA).
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 11:39 to 11:43°. Rahu and Ketu are stationary in the11:00°range until Sept 11th. This 11-week period is not ideal worldwide. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on your career through Oct. Make decisions and consider property connected with work. Expect a lift with your children, education and investments through mid-Sept. Think big. Invest in gold or government bonds. Study large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Relationships remain subject to debts, disputes or health issues through Aug.
- Taurus: Be patient with expenses or separations with property, vehicles and home life. Children, education and investments are subject to debts, disputes or health issues. Work on writing, business and communications projects. Be vigilant at work to manage conflicts and setbacks through mid-Oct.
- Gemini: Focus on entrepreneurial ventures connected with income and friendships. Expect a lift with writing, business and communications. Redecorate your home and consider upgrading your vehicle. There may be good fortune with relationships, children, education and investments.
- Cancer: Focus on writing, business, computers, communications and intellectual property. Expect a lift with your status and family life through mid-Sept. Work on independent projects associated with women, luxuries, and the fine, healing and performing arts. Connect your career with partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands.
- Leo: Return from retreats, vacations and long-distance ventures. Expect a lift with your health and leadership through mid-Sept. Focus on women, luxuries, independent projects and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be patient with family expenses and separations. (This also applies to President Trump’s Leo rising sign.)
- Virgo: Focus on your appearance and connect with women, luxuries, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Consider a retreat, ashram or long-distance venture through mid-Sept. – but expect setbacks and be careful to avoid accidents. Gain from writing, business, computers, communications, friendships and intellectual property.
- Libra: Get extra rest and lay low. Consider a retreat, ashram, or long-distance venture during August. Connect partnerships and joint ventures with property and home life. Focus on writing, business, and communications at work — but be patient with expenses and separations. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct.
- Scorpio: Focus on your career. Take a leadership position and connect with large organizations – but be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft, and false allegations in the workplace. Gain from women, luxuries, long-distance ventures, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Expenses and separations are likely. Patience is required through mid-Oct.
- Sagittarius: Expect a lift in a few days. Connect your career with research, knowledge, women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts. Upgrade your work space. Focus on your career and gain from independent projects. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct. You are in a position to “lead the masses”.
- Capricorn: Be patient for a few days and then expect a windfall with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life. Expect good fortune with your career, marriage, partnerships and joint ventures. Expenses and separations are possible at work through mid-Oct. Teach, publish, and advise.
- Aquarius: Consider entrepreneurial ventures connected with retreats, foreign lands or institutional life – but be patient with expenses and separations with partnerships and joint ventures. Income, friendships, older siblings, father figures, marriage, windfalls and inheritance are vulnerable this month to debts, disputes or health issues.
- Pisces: Health and finances should improve. Connect relationships with pets, children, education and investments – but be patient with setbacks with partnerships. You may develop a new relationship with a woman, and your partner may be involved in the fine, healing or performing arts. Gain from property and executive decisions.
About the Author: David Hawthorne