Planetary Transits for August 23 – August 29
Notes: Venus is in its debilitation sign until Sept. 1st. Be patient with women, luxuries, and the fine, healing or performing arts.
Rahu and Ketu remain in the 11°range through Sept. 10. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or any planet in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces – including USA) should be careful and patient.
Case Study: Aretha Franklin had the Libra rising sign, with Sun in Pisces and Moon in Gemini.
Libra gives intelligence and charismatic personality. Sun (soul), in Pisces, gives deep feelings and compassion. Moon, in Gemini, gives many friends and keen social skills. Ketu’s influence on the Moon gives religious outlook and the early loss of mother (her mother passed away when Aretha was 10 years old). Rahu and Ketu’s influence on Mercury gives both religious and magnetic speech/voice. Rahu in the 11th house gives large income.Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in Taurus makes a person “down to earth”.Jupiter’s aspect on the 2nd house gave four sons. Mars, ruling the 7th house of marriage and Jupiter, ruling husband — both in the 8th house — gave two divorces and no sustained marriage.
You can view her horoscope reading on my father’s YouTube video channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/astroview108
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Leo, from 05:55 to 12:40°. This is favorable for leaders, physicians, administrators and governments. Sun is under the 8th aspect of Mars until Aug. 26th. This connects the military and police with the government.
- Moon is waxing/waning and transits Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. The full Moon is in Aquarius, August 26th.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 04:37 to 4:32°. Mars completes its retrograde motion on Aug. 27th at 9:06 a.m. CDT. This should bring some relief relative to floods, wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, violence, and the extreme weather patterns worldwide since May. (Rahu and Ketu, however, remain stationary at 11°, which likely extends problems.)
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 18:26 to 24:57°. Mercury is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord), the fast-moving Moon, until September 2nd. This creates volatility with stocks, business, finance, computers, technology, communications, and intellectual property.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 21:55 to 22:48°. Jupiter is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord) Venus, which is weak in its debilitation sign of Virgo until Sept. 1st. This may undermine issues with law, religion and education.
- Venus transits its debilitation sign, Virgo, from 21:41 to 27:52°. Venus is debilitated until Sept. 1st. Take care of the women in your life and be patient with medicine, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts. (Aretha Franklin Dies; Asia Argento Accused of Sexual Assault of a Minor.)
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 08:35 to 08:28°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, education and religious values with the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons. Saturn is retrograde until Sept. 6th.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 11:43 to 11:24°. Rahu and Ketu remain stationary in the11:00°range until Sept 11th. This 11-week period is not ideal worldwide. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Focus on your career through Oct. Make decisions and consider property matters at work. Expect a lift with your children, education and investments. Think big. Invest in gold or bonds. Study large organizations. Relationships, property, vehicles, and home life remain subject to debts, disputes or health issues.
- Taurus: Expect progress with property, vehicles, fixed assets and home life. Children and investments may have short-lived debts, disputes, legal or health issues. Work on writing, business and communications. Be vigilant at work to manage conflicts and setbacks through mid-Oct.
- Gemini: Expect a lift with entrepreneurial ventures. Redecorate your home and consider a new vehicle. Focus on writing, business and communications. Things go well with relationships, children, education and investments. Income and friendships, however,remain vulnerable to setbacks through Oct.
- Cancer: Enjoy a lift with your wealth, status and family life. Focus on writing, business, computers, communications and intellectual property. Work on independent projects associated with women, luxuries, and the fine, healing and performing arts. Connect your career with partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands.
- Leo: Focus on leadership. Expect a lift with your health and status, connected with women, luxuries, entertainment, independent projects and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be patient with family expenses and separations. Debts and disputes remain likely through Oct. (This also applies to President Trump’s chart.)
- Virgo: Focus on your appearance and connect with women, luxuries, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Get a haircut, buy new clothes and enjoy a spa. Consider a retreat, ashram or long-distance venture. Gain from writing, business, computers, language, communications, friendships and intellectual property.
- Libra: Get extra rest. Consider a retreat, ashram, or long-distance venture. Expect a lift with income, friendships and older siblings. Connect partnerships with property and home life. Focus on writing, business, and communications at work — but be patient with work-related expenses and separations. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct.
- Scorpio: Focus on work. Take a leadership position and connect with large organizations. Ask for a raise or promotion; you may get an award or recognition. Expect income and friendships — connected with women, luxuries, the arts, or long-distance ventures. There may be status abroad or family expenses and separations through Oct.
- Sagittarius: Expect good fortune and connect with father figures. Focus on research, language, knowledge, women, luxuries, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Redecorate your work space. Work on independent projects. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct. Be of service to others.
- Capricorn: Connect work with religion, partnerships, joint ventures and long-distance places. Expect a lift with marriage. An inheritance or windfall is likely before mid-Sept. Property and vehicle matters are forefront. Make executive decisions. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct.
- Aquarius: Expect a lift with partnerships, joint ventures and long-distance places. Your partner will take a leadership position. Be patient to avoid debts and disputes over windfalls or inheritance and marital tension. Connect entrepreneurial projects with retreats, foreign lands or institutional life. Gain from being of service to others.
- Pisces: Expect a lift with health, finances, and the ability to overcome obstacles. Connect with women, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Your partner may shine, but be patient with short-lived setbacks. Gain from property and your executive skills. Connect relationships with pets, children, education and investments.
About the Author: David Hawthorne