Notes: Venus is in its debilitation sign until Sept. 1. Take care of the women in your life and be patient with luxuries, entertainment, medicine, and the fine, healing or performing arts. (Be especially vigilant Aug. 7 – 17, when Venus is under the ninth aspect of Ketu.)
Additionally, Rahu and Ketu remain in the 11-degree range through Sept. 10. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces) — including the USA — should be especially careful and patient.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Cancer, from 15:45 to 22:27°. This connects the government with public activities.
- Moon is waning and transits Pisces, Aries, Taurus and Gemini. Moon, in Taurus, is exalted, August 5 – 7.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 08:24 to 06:40°. Mars is retrograde and pulls away from the extreme influence of Rahu and Ketu. This may bring some level of relief to the issues of wildfires, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, violence, and extreme weather patterns we experienced in June and July.
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 27:18 to 22:15°. Mercury is co-dependent on the strength of its dispositor (landlord), Moon, until Sept. 2nd. Moon is a fast-moving and frequently afflicted planet. Expect fluctuations with stocks, business, finance, technology, communications and intellectual property.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 19:58 to 20:30°. Jupiter, in Libra, connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. (Most recently seven women have accused CBS Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, Les Moonves, of sexual harassment.) This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017 — Oct. 2018) may well provide the basis of a long-lived societal transformation.
- Venus transits its debilitation sign, Virgo, from 00:57 to 08:09°. Venus is weak through August. Take care of the women in your life and be patient with luxuries, entertainment, medicine, and the fine, healing or performing arts. (Be especially vigilant Aug. 7 – 17, when Venus is under the ninth aspect of Ketu.)
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 09:23 to 09:03°. Saturn is not under the close influence of other planets, and Saturn is outside the 5-degree orb of other planets. This connects education and religious values to the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 11:45 to 11:47°. Rahu and Ketu are stationary in the11:00°range until Sept 11th. This 11-week period is not ideal worldwide. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”(not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Expect some relief on a personal level. Focus on work and make decisions. Connect children, education and investments with property, vehicles, work and home life. Be patient with marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures during August. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues.
- Taurus: Expect some relief from expenses, separations, insomnia, and long-distance ventures. Connect home life with entrepreneurial ventures. Children, education and investments may be vulnerable to short-lived debts, disputes or health issues during Aug. Be careful with money and marriage through mid-Oct.
- Gemini: Expect some relief with income, friendships and older siblings. Health, communications and entrepreneurial ventures should also improve. Connect marriage, partnerships, joint ventures, children, education and investments with property, vehicles and home life. Speak up as an authority figure.
- Cancer: Expect some relief at work. Connect your career with partnerships, joint ventures or long-distance places. Work on independent projects in the fine, health, or performing arts. Take a leadership position and speak up as an authority figure. Be vigilant to manage debts or disputes with property, vehicles and home life.
- Leo: Expect some relief from highs and lows — but continue to get extra rest and lay low. Consider a retreat, ashram, vacation or long-distance venture through mid-August. There may be status from independent projects, teaching, publishing and consulting. Father and religious figures remain vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues through Oct.
- Virgo: Expect some relief with money, marriage, expenses and separations. Gain from long-distance ventures and large organizations. Get a haircut, buy new clothes and consider a day spa. Focus on writing, language, business, and intellectual property. Speak up as a teacher, publisher and consultant through mid-Oct.
- Libra: Expect some relief in partnerships and joint ventures. Income and friendships should improve. Take a leadership position and work with large organizations. Connect partnerships with property, vehicles and home life. Be patient with expenses and separations, and consider a retreat, ashram or long-distance venture through August.
- Scorpio: Expect some relief from debts, disputes and health issues. There may be good fortune at work and with income, friendships and older siblings. Gain from women, luxuries, and the fine, healing and performing arts. There may be status associated with retreats, ashrams or long-distance ventures.
- Sagittarius: Expect some relief with children, property, education and investments. Connect your career with women, luxuries, and the fine, healing and performing arts. Expect gains at work. Focus on research, language, and knowledge through Aug. Teach, publish, and advise through mid-Oct.
- Capricorn: Expect some relief with property, vehicles and home life. Get organized and make decisions. Recent issues with father and authority figures dissipate. Be patient with short-lived setbacks with marriage and partnerships through mid-August. Teach, publish, and advise at work through mid-Oct.
- Aquarius: Expect some relief with independent projects – but these remain vulnerable to losses. Recent highs and lows with partnerships dissipate – but relationships remain subject to short-lived debts, disputes or health issues. Connect income and friendships with research, language, and knowledge through August.
- Pisces: Expect some relief with your status and family life. Recent highs and lows with debts, disputes and health issues dissipate – but there may be similar and short-lived issues with pets, children, education and investments through mid-August. Focus on research, language and ancient knowledge at work through mid-Oct.
About the Author: David Hawthorne