Notes: Venus is in its debilitation sign until Sept. 1. Take care of the women in your life and be patient with medicine, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts. Be especially vigilant Aug. 7 – 17, when Venus is under the ninth aspect of Ketu. Watch for news about a well-known woman.
Additionally, Rahu and Ketu remain in the 11-degree range through Sept. 10. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces) — including the USA — should be careful and patient.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Cancer, from 22:27 to 29:11°. This connects the government with public activities.
- Moon is waning/waxing and transits Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo and into Libra. The new Moon is in Cancer, August 11th.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 06:40 to 05:21°. Mars is retrograde and pulls away from the close conjunction of Ketu. This may bring some level of relief relative to floods, wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, violence, and the extreme weather patterns experienced worldwide in June and July.
- Mercury transits Cancer, from 22:15 to 17:56°. Mercury is retrograde through August 18th. Retrograde planets only have an impact if they are functional malefic planets for a particular rising sign, and only if the planet is within 5 degrees of the rising sign degree in any house, or other planets by aspect or conjunction. In the case of Mercury, the impact is primarily for the Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 20:30 to 21:09°. Jupiter, in Libra, connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017 — Oct. 2018) may well provide the basis of a long-lived societal transformation.
- Venus transits its debilitation sign, Virgo, from 08:09 to 15:05°. Venus is weak through August. Take care of the women in your life and be patient with medicine, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts. (Be especially vigilant Aug. 7 – 17, when Venus is under the ninth aspect of Ketu.) Watch for news about a well-known woman or women.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 09:03 to 08:47°. Saturn is outside the close 5-degree orb of influence of other planets. This connects law, education and religious values with the elderly, poor and needy, and working-class persons.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 11:47 to 11:39°. Rahu and Ketu are stationary in the11:00°range until Sept 11th. This 11-week period is not ideal worldwide. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be especially careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign” (not “Sun Sign”):
- Aries: Expect some relief on a personal level. Focus on your career through Oct. Connect children, education and investments with property, vehicles and home life. Be patient with marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures during August. These are vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues.
- Taurus: Expect some relief from expenses, separations, insomnia, and long-distance ventures. Connect home life with entrepreneurial ventures. Children, education and investments are vulnerable to short-lived debts, disputes or health issues during Aug. The same issues apply to money and marriage through mid-Oct.
Gemini: Expect relief from issues with income and friendships – but these remain vulnerable to some extent through October. Health and entrepreneurial ventures improve. There is weakness with partnerships, children, education and investments through Aug. Enjoy property and home life. Speak up as an authority figure.
- Cancer: Expect more relief at work. Connect your career with joint ventures and long-distance places. Work on independent projects in the fine, healing, or performing arts. Take a leadership position and speak up as an authority figure. Be vigilant to manage debts or disputes with property, vehicles and home life through mid-Oct.
- Leo: Expect relief from highs and lows — but continue to get extra rest and lay low. Enjoy a retreat, ashram, vacation or long-distance venture through mid-Aug. There may be status with independent projects, teaching, publishing and consulting. Father and religious figures remain vulnerable to debts, disputes or health issues through Oct.
- Virgo: Expect relief with money and marriage. Connect research with children, education and investments. Gain from writing, business, communications, long-distance ventures and large organizations. Focus on your appearance and connect with women, luxuries, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Libra: Get extra rest and lay low. Consider a retreat, ashram, or long-distance venture through August. Connect marriage, partnerships and joint ventures with property and home life. Expect gains in the workplace and connect with large organizations. Teach, publish and advise through mid-Oct.
- Scorpio: Expect good fortune in the workplace and with income and friendships. There may be gains from long-distance ventures – but expenses and separations are also likely through August. Be vigilant with communications, independent projects, and entrepreneurial ventures to avoid debts and disputes.
- Sagittarius: Focus on research, language, and knowledge. There may be some vulnerability and transformations with income, friendships and professional life through August. Expect improvement with your children, property, and investments. Gain from teaching, publishing and consulting through mid-Oct.
- Capricorn: Focus on property, vehicles and home life. Get organized and make decisions. Connect your career with marriage, joint ventures and long-distance ventures – but be patient with short-lived setbacks. Expect good fortune connected with women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Aquarius: Take care of marriage, partnerships and joint ventures; these are subject to debts and disputes. Be patient with income, friendships and older siblings through August. There may be setbacks, debts, disputes or health issues. Connect independent projects with retreats, ashrams, travel and foreign lands through Oct.
- Pisces: Connect relationships with pets, children, education and investments – but be vigilant to manage debts, disputes or health issues with same. There may be women, entertainment, and the fine, healing or performing arts involving partnerships. Be patient relationships through August. Focus on research through mid-Oct.
About the Author: David Hawthorne