Note: Sun and Venus are closely conjunct until Jan. 27th; Mars and Jupiter are closely conjunct until Jan 17th. Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient.
WHERE THE (VEDIC ASTROLOGY) PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Sagittarius, from 19:42 to 26:50°. Sun is closely conjunct Venus until Jan. 27th. Taurus, Virgo, and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be careful and patient.
- Moon is waning and transits Cancer, Leo, Virgo and Libra.
- Mars transits Libra, from 22:05 to 26:26°. Mars is closely conjunct Jupiter until Jan. 17th. Taurus, Cancer, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies, and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 23:22 to 24:28°. Jupiter is closely conjunct Mars until Jan. 17th. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be careful and patient.
- Jupiter represents law, religion, morality and education. Libra is ruled by Venus, representing women, sexuality, and the scales of justice. This combination supports the revelations regarding the sexual harassment of women. This slow-moving 13-month transit of Jupiter in Libra provides a long-lived transformation.
- Jupiter remains in Libra until October 11, 2018. Taurus, Scorpio, and Pisces rising signs should be careful and patient as Jupiter is transiting their 6th, 8th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively, which undermines the strength of Jupiter.
- Venus transits Sagittarius, from 18:30 to 27:18°. Venus is closely conjunct Sun until Jan. 27th. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be careful and patient.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 07:39 to 08:28°. Saturn in in good strength. This should be helpful for the poor and needy, the elderly and working-class persons. (Social Security participants get a raise this month.) This should also help agriculture and the oil, gas and minerals industries.
- Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, from 21:05 to 21:07°. Those persons with 20 to 22° rising sign degrees or with any planet in the 20 to 22°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces (including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Focus on marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures. These should do well and are connected with income, friendships, children, education, investments, religious and long-distance ventures of short-duration. Recent issues with debts, disputes and health or legal issues begin to dissipate.
- Taurus: Continue to lay low. There may be expenses and separations against money and marriage. Delays, setbacks and obstructions are also possible. Slow down to avoid accidents. There is also some weakness with children, education and investments. Some relief is seen around mid-Jan.
- Gemini: Expect good results this week. Income, friendships, independent and entrepreneurial ventures are connected with children, education, investments, partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Relationships bring good fortune through Sept., other transits notwithstanding.
- Cancer: Lay low and get extra rest. Be vigilant at work to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft, accidents, and false allegations against you. There may be similar issues with property, vehicles and home life. Be patient with independent projects through mid-Feb. Expect a lift after mid-Jan.
- Leo: Expect good results. Focus on your children, education, investments and creative projects. These are connected with independent and entrepreneurial projects. Luck is on your side with partnerships and relationships, teaching, publishing, consulting and your own initiatives through Sept.
- Virgo: Spend a few more days on independent writing, business and communications projects. Be vigilant with property, vehicles and home life – these are vulnerable to setbacks, accidents and obstructions. There can also be short-lived expenses and separations with your status and family life.
- Libra: Expect gains and progress with your own initiatives and independent projects — connected with children, education, investments, marriage, partnerships, and joint ventures. Be patient with short-lived insomnia, expenses and separations. Teach, publish and advise through Sept.
- Scorpio: Be patient with religious leaders, teachers, lawyers, bankers and your family. They may not see things your way. There may also be issues at work — or connected with authority figures. Expect relief after mid-Jan. Relocation or international ventures are possible through mid-Sept.
- Sagittarius: Be patient for a few more days with your career and then expect a lift, along with income and friendships. Get a haircut, buy new clothes and focus on the fine, healing and performing arts. Earn from publishing, teaching, consulting, and entrepreneurial ventures through Sept.
- Capricorn: Be patient in the workplace to manage delays, setbacks, and obstructions and to avoid accidents. There may also be losses, expenses and separations relative to property, vehicles, fixed assets and family life. Consider relocation, long-distance or international ventures through Sept.
- Aquarius: Expect gains, income and good fortune connected with your own self-efforts, partnerships, and joint ventures. Focus on income, friendships, and older siblings; these should do well. Teach, publish and advise – and consider long-distance or spiritual journeys through Sept.
- Pisces: Expect a lot of energy and status around your professional life, but also be vigilant to manage debts, disputes, fire, theft and cheating against you, along with setbacks and obstructions – and to avoid accidents in the workplace. Focus on research and ancient knowledge through Sept.
About the Author: David Hawthorne