Note: Mars remains within 5 degrees of Ketu until August 1. This is not ideal worldwide and represents setbacks, explosions or calamities for the military, police, athletes, surgeons, executives and property matters.
(Note the recent fires, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes and extreme weather patterns since the beginning of this conjunction.)
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Gemini, from 05:41 to 12:21°. This connects leaders and governments with business, communications, social networks, and intellectual property. Sun is under the 7th aspect of Saturn, June 22 – July 1. Cancer, Virgo, and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries (including USA) should be careful and patient.
- Moon is waxing and transits Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius. The Moon in Scorpio is debilitated, June 24 – 26. Watch your emotional state and be vigilant around volatile persons. The full Moon is in Sagittarius, June 27 at 11:52 p.m.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 14:54 to 15:05°. Mars is under the close 7th aspect of Venus until June 26. Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be careful and patient. Mars now remains within 5 degrees of Ketu until August 1. This is not ideal worldwide and may cause setbacks, explosions or calamities for the military, police, athletes, surgeons, executives and property matters.
Note: Issues are likely to intensify July 10 – 27; and Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are in extreme close conjunction.
- Mars is in Capricorn until Nov. 5. Gemini, Leo, and Aquarius rising sign persons should be careful and patient as Mars transits their 8th, 6th and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Mercury transits out of Gemini and into Cancer, June 25, at 7:34 a.m. CDT. Mercury is outside the orb of influence of other planets but is weak in degrees until June 28. Be patient with stocks, business and communications.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 19:48 to 19:28°. Jupiter, in Libra, connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017–Oct. 2018) may well provide a long-lived societal transformation. (In addition to the “Me-Too Movement”, a record number of women are running for public office – in order to influence laws.)
- Venus transits Cancer, from 14:22 to 22:35°. Venus starts to move away from Rahu, which should be helpful for women, romance, luxuries, and the fine, healing and performing arts. Venus remains under the close 7th aspect of Mars until June 26. Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be careful and patient.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 12:12 to 11:41°. Saturn is under the 7th aspect of Sun, June 22 – July 1. Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces rising sign persons, companies, and countries should be careful and patient. Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) are vulnerable as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 12:25 to 11:55°. Those persons with 10 to 12° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 10 to 12°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Focus on your career. Make decisions and consider property matters at work. Don’t overlook equanimity and spiritual practices; expect highs and lows through Sept. Connect your children, education and investments with entrepreneurial ventures. Redecorate your home; include art, flowers and music.
- Taurus: Speak up as an authority figure — but avoid conflict with communications and entrepreneurial ventures. Expect a lift with property, vehicles and home life. Be patient with intimacy, insomnia and foreign lands through July. Work is subject to setbacks, debts and disputes through mid-Oct.
- Gemini: Take a leadership position and focus on entrepreneurial projects. Expect good fortune with partnerships and joint ventures. Consider an older partner who has a good work ethic. Income, friendships and older siblings remain vulnerable to setbacks through July.
- Cancer: Get a haircut and buy new clothes. Focus on the fine, healing and performing arts. Women and/or romance come your way. Connect your career with partnerships and joint ventures. Be patient at work to manage highs and lows. There may be status in a foreign land. Be patient with expenses and separations.
- Leo: Focus on income, friendships and older siblings. Gain from large, spiritual, medical or government organizations. Be patient with relationships, children, investments, and entrepreneurial ventures; there may be expenses and separations. Take care of father and religious figures through July.
- Virgo: Spend a few more days on writing, business, technology and intellectual property at work. Be patient to manage losses, expenses and separations. Recent setbacks with your status and family life begin to ease. Watch out for debts, disputes or health issues through June.
- Libra: Focus on your career — connected with women, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts. Redecorate your workspace. Highs and lows with relationships are likely through July. Expect gains from father and religious figures, children, education, investments and your own self-efforts.
- Scorpio: Exercise patience. Expect fluctuations with debts, disputes, health, expenses, separations, and sleep/intimacy patterns. Connect your career with research and knowledge – but there may be setbacks at work and with independent projects. Consider an ashram or long distance venture through mid-Oct.
- Sagittarius: Expect good fortune with marriage, partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. Be patient with income, friendships, children, education and investments – these are vulnerable to highs and lows. Focus on research, language, and ancient knowledge. Be of service to others.
- Capricorn: Connect your career with marriage, partnerships, joint ventures and foreign lands. These are also connected with property, vehicles, and home life. Be patient with highs and lows through Sept. Focus on legal papers (including Wills, Trusts and insurance matters. Teach, publish and advise at work through mid-Oct.
- Aquarius: Exercise care and patience to manage debts, disputes, health, legal issues, communications and entrepreneurial ventures. These are subject to highs and lows. Your best bet is to connect marriage, partnerships and joint ventures with children, education, and investments.
- Pisces: Work on writing, business and communications at home. Connect relationships with property, vehicles and home life – but be patient with short-lived debts or disputes with same, and/or with setbacks with your status and family life. Focus on research and knowledge through mid-Oct.
About the Author: David Hawthorne