Notes: Mars remains under the close influence of Ketu until June 22. This is not ideal for the military, police, athletes, executives and property matters. Typically, there are war, violence and/or explosive situations.
In Hawaii’s chart, transit Rahu afflicts natal Moon, Mercury and Ketu. The impact remains for several months; so not much relief is seen.
WHERE THE VEDIC ASTROLOGY PLANETS ARE THIS WEEK:
- Sun transits Taurus, from 15:36 to 22:18°. Sun begins to move away from the influence of Ketu, which should be helpful for leaders, physicians, administrators and governments. Sun is closely conjunct Mercury, June 2 – 9. Aries, Libra and Aquarius rising sign persons should be vigilant.
- Moon is waning and transits Sagittarius, Capricorn, and Aquarius.
- Mars transits its exaltation sign, Capricorn, from 11:01 to 12:49°. Mars is closely conjunct Ketu until June 22. This is not ideal worldwide and may cause setbacks, explosions or calamities for the military, police, athletes, surgeons, executives and property matters (including Hawaii and places recently flooded).
- Mars is in Capricorn until Nov. 5. Gemini, Leo, and Aquarius rising sign persons should be vigilant, as Mars transits their 8th, 6thand 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Note: There are likely to be issues relative to war, military police, athletes, executives, volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, explosions and property matters during May 30 – June 13; July 10 – 27; and Sept. 19 – 29, when Mars and Ketu are intensely closely conjunct.
- Mercury transits Taurus, from 08:27 to 24:42°. Mercury is under the 5th aspect of Ketu until June 4th. This is good for meditation and spiritual practices, but may cause setbacks with stocks, business, communications, and intellectual property. Mercury is closely conjunct Sun, June 2 – 9. Virgo, Capricorn, and Pisces rising sign person should be vigilant.
- Jupiter transits Libra, from 21:34 to 20:52°. Jupiter, in Libra, connects law, religion, morality and education with women, sexuality and the scales of justice. This transit brings to light the sexual harassment of women. This slow-moving transit (Sept. 2017–Oct. 2018) may well provide a long-lived societal transformation. (In addition to the “Me-Too Movement”, a record number of women are running for public office — representing the ability to influence laws.)
- Venus transits Gemini, from 19:46 to 28:01°. Venus is outside the orb of influence of other planets. This should be good for women, romance, luxuries, entertainment and the fine, healing or performing arts.
- Saturn transits Sagittarius, from 13:38 to 13:11°. Saturn is retrograde until September 6th. Saturn remains in Sagittarius until Jan. 2020. Taurus, Cancer and Capricorn rising sign persons, companies and countries (including USA) should be vigilant as Saturn is transiting their 8th, 6th, and 12th (inauspicious) houses, respectively.
- Rahu and Ketu transit Cancer and Capricorn, respectively, from 13:12 to 13:03°. Those persons with 12 to 14° rising signs or with any planet(s) in the 12 to 14°range in even signs (Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces — including the USA) should be careful and patient.
The Impact of the Transit Planets for each “Rising Sign”:
- Aries: Focus on your career and make decisions – but balance your career with spiritual practices. Expect highs and lows. Do not take risks. Recent issues with your father, children, education and investments begin to dissipate. Your best bet is entrepreneurial joint ventures.
- Taurus: Take a leadership position. Recent issues at work begin to dissipate. Children, education and investments are forefront. Focus on writing, technology and intellectual property. Be patient with losses, expenses, separations and long-distance ventures through June 22nd.
- Gemini: Recent issues with authority figures and independent projects dissipate — but be patient with expenses through mid-June. Your children, education, creativity and investments are forefront. Upgrade your appearance. Income and friendships remain vulnerable through June 22.
- Cancer: Recent setbacks begin to dissipate — but continue to be patient with expenses and separations with property, vehicles and home life. Expect gains with your status and family life. Earn from writing, communications and independent projects. Be vigilant at work to manage obstructions.
- Leo: Take a leadership position and focus on your career; recent setbacks begin to dissipate. Connect work with writing, business, technology, communications and intellectual property. Gain from women, the arts, children, investments and independent projects. Teach, publish and advise.
- Note: In the LEO chart for President Trump, Mars, ruling his favorable 9th house, transits his unfavorable 6th house. This could indicate debts, disputes, health and legal problems until Nov. 5th (the evening before the midterm elections).
- Virgo: Recent setbacks dissipate. Expect good fortune and consider long-distance ventures. Intimacy, sleep patterns and foreign lands are on your side. Work with women, luxuries, and the arts. Teach, publish and advise. Be patient with windfalls, inheritance and the marital bond through June 22.
- Libra: Expect good fortune and focus on independent consulting and publishing projects. Recent setbacks with income and friendships begin to dissipate. Be patient with expenses, separations, and international projects. Be vigilant with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures through June 22.
- Scorpio: Expect some relief at work and with authority figures. Gain from marriage, partnerships, joint ventures and international projects. Manage debts, disputes, legal and health issues through June 22. Be patient with property, vehicles and home life expenses through mid-Oct.
- Sagittarius: Recent setbacks with authority figures dissipate. Gain from partnerships, joint ventures and your own self-efforts. You may meet someone who is attractive or involved in the fine, healing or performing arts. Take care of your children, education, and investments through June 22.
- Capricorn: Recent setbacks begin to dissipate but be vigilant to manage debts, disputes or health issues at work. There may be both setbacks and good fortune with your children, education and investments. Be patient with property, vehicles and home life through June 22.
- Aquarius: Recent setbacks with marriage, partnerships and joint ventures begin to dissipate. Expect good fortune with your children, education and investments. Invest in the arts. Be patient with obstructions with property, vehicles and home life. Entrepreneurial ventures are subject to highs and lows.
- Pisces: Connect relationships with entrepreneurial projects — but be vigilant to manage debts and disputes with same. Redecorate your home but be patient with setbacks with property and vehicles. Be vigilant when speaking. Expect highs and lows with your energy, status and family life through June 22.
About the Author: David Hawthorne